Pages

04 December, 2016

Review: Oriflame The ONE Colour Impact Cream Eyeshadow in Rose Gold

Oriflame The ONE Colour Impact Cream Eyeshadow

in 'Rose Gold'


A few years ago, when I started using makeup more seriously than just mascara, an item I really loved was a cream eyeshadow I had from Essence. I like the versatility of an "all over the lid shade", so I decided to find a new one to try.

I decided to try out this one by Oriflame. It's part of their line of products called The ONE and I got mine in the shade Rose Gold.

Colour Impact Eyeshadow in the shade Rose Gold

The packaging is nice, nothing special but still neat. The lid is a pinkish purple color and the bottom part is transparent, so it makes it easy to see the color of the eyeshadow if you want to store it on it's side.

I think this will be a nice everyday shade, just like I wanted.

On the online website this is it's description: "Innovative eye shadow with supreme colour intensity. Goes on creamy and transforms into a powder with a soft, velvety sheen. Buildable coverage for bold finish. Crease resistant formula for even colour that lasts".


I did my best to swatch it. Having long nails makes it impossible for me to dip my finger in the product, so I did my best with an eyeshadow brush. 
On the top swatch I packed the color a bit more and it's definitely buildable as they advertise.




 I was able to apply it on my eyelids with a brush quite easily. It did feel soft and velvety, and it definitely turned into more of a powder when applied, just like the description said.
It was buildable without going over the top too quickly. It also gave me no problems while blending it.
The color definitely was what I expected, a nice peachy shade with shimmer that isn't too intense for everyday wear. I personally like these shades to wear on a daily basis.








I had no problem applying my eyeliner over it and even when a bit of mascara ended up on my lid, when wiping it away with a cotton swab gently, it didn't remove the eyeshadow.
The only think I didn't like about this eyeshadow is that I noticed it did crease a bit, so if that's something that bothers you, this might not be the best choice.
I removed it about 6 hours after and it still looked nice.

Final thoughts:

★★★☆☆
I really like this eyeshadow so far and think it's good. Lasts for quite a while, easy to apply and blend and overall is a nice shade that will look good on many skin tones. It does crease a bit but I don't mind that.
If these show up in future catalogues, I might buy more. :)

Oriflame's The ONE Colour Impact Cream Eyeshadow costs originally 13€ but I got mine on sale for 8,95€.

Until next time!
xo