Pages

23 November, 2016

Review: Oriflame Spiced Citrus soap bar and hand cream

Review of Oriflame Spiced Citrus

Soap Bar and Hand Cream

For this holiday season Oriflame launched a hand cream and soap bar duo with a new scent, this time revolving around citruses and spices. I love citrus scented cosmetics in the winter, so when I tried the scent of these new products on a "scratch and sniff" kind of sample they placed in the last catalogue, it seemed like a heavenly scent to me. I decided to get both and try them out and here's my review after using both for a few days now. 


The soap is a glycerin type, so it's slightly transparent and looks very appealing. I read the ingredients and I might be wrong but I am pretty sure the little black dots are palm kernel that act as a scrub. It is in a cute shape and looks like a slice of orange, which I quite like.

My problem with this soap is that I'm not a big fan of the hard kernels, and although they are not damaging to the skin, they are hard enough to be noticed while using the soap, so if you prefer smooth soaps like I do, take that into consideration. 
However, this is the only thing I found negative about it. 

The smell is just divine. 
It has just enough of a punch of citrus and spices that will linger on the skin shortly after a shower but won't give you a headache. 

My skin felt nice after using it, nothing special, but the smell left was definitely very, very pleasant!



The hand cream has the exact same smell. It has a white, orange-ish color and medium consistency. The smell lingers on the skin for a quite a while. 

Not exactly sure if it hydrates more then most hand creams since only Lipikar Xerand by La Roche Posay works to keep my hands hydrated due to a chronic Dyshidrotic Eczema that I have on both hands (maybe someday I'll make a post about that...). Nonetheless, my hands feel soft after I use it.

Final thoughts:

I would definitely buy the hand cream again but I'm not so sure about the soap. It will depend on how many uses it lasts and if I get used to the kernels.

The soap contains 75g and costs 3€, I got mine on sale for 0,95€.

The hand cream contains 75ml and costs 7€, I got mine on sale for 1,95€.

Until next time!
xo